(Cooking time: 2hrs)
- Black cherries
- 225g unsalted butter
- 100g brown sugar
- 260g plain flour
- White chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 20g ground almond
- 1.5 kg of preserving sugar
- Already made rolled out pastry
- 20 ml of cloudy apple juice
- Firstly, prepare the cherry jam, buy slicing the cherries in half and pitting them.
- Heat a pan on medium heat and add the preserving sugar, apple juice and cherries. Let the jam liquid simmer for 30 – 1hr, until it’s slightly thicker and glossy. Make sure you stir the mix often just to bind the jam together.
- An easy way to check if the jam is ready is to get a cool spoon and dip a bit of the jam, if the jam is still runny then it’s not ready yet if it forms a film on top (for example when you overheat milk the fat layer) then the jam is ready. Let it cool on aside. Preheat the oven on medium heat.
- Secondly, for the cookie dough, cream the butter, sugar, a pinch of salt and vanilla extract.
- Then, add the flour, white chocolate chips and ground almonds, and fold. Chill the cookie dough in the fridge till ready for use.
- Once that is done, add the pastry into the cast iron pan and flatten, then prick the pastry with a fork and cook the pastry in the oven for 15/20 mins.
- When the pastry is cooked, let it cool for 10 minutes. Spread a bit of butter on the pastry then the cherry jam.
- Grab your cookie dough mix, make a medium-sized ball and flatten it onto the cherry jam and pastry.
- Add the Bakewell cookie dough into the oven for 25 minutes until its golden brown. Take it out and let it cool.
- Top with a dollop of ice cream, cherry jam, white chocolate chips, a sprinkle of ground almond and a cherry on top
And it’s done! This is perfect for family get together or a cheeky at-home date. Be sure to try it, if you do tag me on @nutrishanice on Instagram.
Thank you and have a great day, see you soon