(Cooking time: 1hr 30mins)
- Macaroni pasta
- Jerk seasoning
- Extra mature cheddar cheese
- Evaporation milk
- Fresh raw prawns
- Rump steak
- Fresh coriander
- Spring onion
- Bread crumbs
- Red pepper
- Cornish sea salt
- Lazy garlic
- Lazy chopped ginger
- Sweet chilli sauce
- Soy sauce
- Corn on the cob
- Firstly, clean the prawns and marinate in the fridge with a small spoon of garlic, ginger, sugar.
- Marinate the pancetta with half a teaspoon of jerk seasoning (with no pepper) and pop it into the fridge as well.
- Then, boil the macaroni with some chopped onions.
- While the macaroni is cooking, grate the cheddar cheese, and leave to one side
- Do the same with the mozzarella, crumble it into small pieces then leave to one side.
- When the Mac is a bit soft and the water has thickened, gently stir in some evaporated milk until its wet, but not runny. If you like your Mac and cheese extra creamy add more, if you like it more thick and sticky, add less.
- Then slowly sprinkle some cheese, I use half a big block of cathedral city. Stir the cheese until it makes a creamy cheese sauce. Add a tablespoon of ketchup and stir. Do not over boil the Mac and cheese or it will get really dry.
- Spoon the Mac and cheese into little dishes and top it with the pancetta from the fridge and then some mozzarella, plus the bread crumbs.
- Pop it into the oven on the grill for 5 minutes on medium/high heat. Take it out of the oven immediately to cool.
- Next, fry the asparagus and mushrooms in a few drops of soy sauce and tablespoon of sweet chilli sauce and a tiny bit of ginger. Grill the corn and a whole red pepper in the oven. When the corn and red pepper are golden, roll them in the sauce of the mushrooms and asparagus.
- Now onto the steak, pat the fillets of steak with a tissue to remove the excess moisture and season with a bit of salt, pepper and a tad bit of paprika.
- Heat the pan with oil on medium/ high heat. When the pan is hot, sear the steaks. Add a tablespoon of butter, half a teaspoon of lazy garlic and spoon it over the steaks when they are brown.
- Add the prawns to the pan the steak was in and sprinkled some fresh chopped parsley over the prawns and add a teaspoon of butter.
- Once the prawns are cooked everything is complete and you can dish it up. And it is ready for you to eat!
This goes down amazing with a side of coleslaw or even some chips. You will definitely enjoy this one. My family loved it! I just love spending time at my Aunties house, a good movie on and some yummy food. What is better than that! I hope you try it out, you won’t be disappointed.
Thank you for reading again, see you very soon my foodies
Lots of love