BAKED! sweet & spicy chipotle infused chicken wings, in a crunchy tortilla shell. Coated w/ melted cheddar cheese, red & white onions, red cabbage, coriander, jalapeño and a tart homemade chipotle dressing served with a refreshing dissembled guac salad.
The special nutritious ingredient that brought these nachos to life was paprika. Paprika has a range of beneficial compounds, such as vitamin A, capsaicin, and carotenoid antioxidants. These nutritious properties could help stop inflammation and improve your cholesterol, eye health, and blood sugar levels, as well as other benefits.
Enjoy this delicious recipe!
Cooking time: 1 hour
(Chipotle chicken seasoning)
- Chicken wings cut into halves
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 2 tablespoons of low sugar ketchup
- 1 teaspoon of mustard
- 1 tablespoon of very lazy garlic
- 1 tablespoon of chives
- 1 teaspoon of chipotle chilli flakes (be careful)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 teaspoon of golden mountain sauce
- A sprinkle of salt
- 1 teaspoon of brown sugar
- Crushed tortilla chips
- 1 egg
- Thinly diced red onions
- Thinly diced white onions
- One red pepper diced into small chunks
- Low-fat cheddar cheese
- Any sauce of your choice, salsa/guac/mayonnaise/sour cream
(Dissembled guac salad)
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- A sprinkle of salt
- Red cabbage
- Marinade the chicken wings overnight, with the paprika, ketchup, mustard, very lazy garlic, chives, chipotle, coriander, chipotle chilli flakes, cayenne pepper, a chicken stock cube, golden mountain sauce, salt, and brown sugar.
- The next day, preheat the oven to 180C.
- Whisk an egg.
- Then, dunk the chicken wings in the whisked egg, and coat with crushed tortilla chips.
- Place the wings on a baking tray and cook in the oven for 25 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking prepare your Nacho toppings this could be anything of your choice, e.g. grated cheese, onions diced into small pieces, jalepeños, and a red pepper diced into tiny cubes.
- Prepare your dissembled guac salad, using lettuce leaves, red cabbage, diced avocado and tomatoes, some lime juice, olive oil, rice vinegar and a pinch of salt.
- Once the chicken is cooked, place them into a cast iron pan and cover with cheese. Grill the chicken in the oven till the cheese is melted.
- Add the nacho toppings of your choice. And add your sauce, I made my own sauce just to be safe on calories. Garnish with some spring onions.
And it’s complete!
Hope you enjoy this delicious recipe.
Stay tuned for more recipes on Instagram @nutrishanice!
Have a chill evening!
Lots of love