(Cooking time: 1 hour)
- 23g plain flour
- One tablespoon coconut sugar
- One tablespoon light melted butter
- A pinch of salt
- A handful of crushed walnut
- One egg
- 160g low-fat yoghurt
- 70g light melted butter
- 135g plain flour
- 100g coconut sugar
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- A handful of frozen blueberries and extra for the filling
- 1 banana diced into small pieces
- Zero-calorie toffee syrup or homemade toffee syrup
- Edible muffin cases
- First, prepare the streusel topping. Add melted butter to a mixture of flour, coconut sugar, salt, and crushed walnuts. Use a fork to make small crumbs and place it to one side.
- Preheat the oven to 170C (fan assisted oven).
- For the batter, mix the dry ingredients; flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, a handful of frozen blueberries and half of the diced banana.
- Then, in a separate bowl mix the wet ingredients; melted butter, low-fat yoghurt, and one egg.
- Slowly, pour the wet mixture to the dry and gently fold the two together. PLEASE DO NOT OVER MIX THE BATTER. The dough can become extremely tough if doing so.
- Place the edible muffin cases into a cupcake tin.
- Gently, pour the batter halfway into a muffin case.
- Then, place a couple of frozen blueberries and diced banana in the centre of the batter.
- Add some more batter to cover the blueberry and banana centre. Fill to the top of the muffin case. But please do not overfill.
- Repeat to the other muffin cases.
- Lastly, squeeze a bit of toffee sauce in the centre of the filled muffin cases and coat the batter with a generous amount of the streusel toppings.
- Place in the oven for 40 minutes.
- To check if they are cooked, use a skewer to poke the muffin from the bottom. If the skewer has wet dough on it, bake the muffins for longer.
- Remove the muffins from the cupcake tin, sprinkle some more streusel topping and leave it to cool for 10 minutes.
- Drizzle some toffee sauce over the muffins and they are done!
You could eat these hot with light ice cream or custard. And cold with a delicious fruit salad. Hopefully, you love them as much as my family did.
Stay safe and blessed foodies.
Lots of love,
Shanice Harris x