Chewy and fluffy meringue smothered in a light mango cream and bedazzled with tangy tropical jewels.
This recipe is quick and easy and tastes insanely delicious especially if you’re lucky to pick the right fruits!
(Cooking time: 1hr 30 mins)
- Three egg whites
- 100g of caster sugar
- One tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- One teaspoon of cornflour
- A ripe mango
- One and a half passion fruit
- Fresh mint leaves
- Pomegranate seeds
- 160 ml light double cream
- Lemon zest
- Mango pulp
- Firstly, preheat the oven to 150C, then rinse a clean bowl and electric whisk with either lemon juice or apple cider vinegar.
- In the same bowl whisk the egg whites till you get soft peaks. Slowly add the sugar and whisk till you get stiff peaks.
- Add a piece of parchment paper and draw a medium-sized circle, then place the meringue onto the parchment paper and lightly smooth it into a circle.
- Place it into the oven for 40 – 55 minutes.
- Once the meringue is cooking, prepare the fruits; passionfruit, pomegranate and mango.
- To make the light mango cream, add two tablespoons of mango pulp or mango juice to double cream and whisk until it’s thick.
- When the meringue has baked, let it cool in the oven for 20 minutes. This ensures that the outside is crunchy and the inside is soft and marshmallow-like.
- To add an extra touch, spray some liquid gold onto the meringue.
- Once the meringue is cold start assembling the pavlova, first add the light mango cream, then spread the passion fruit evenly, add some mango chunks, pomegranate, some fresh mint and lastly the zest of a lemon.
And it’s complete! You could serve this with mango or lemon sorbet, and it goes down a treat!
Thank you for reading,
And also make sure to tag me your recreations on @nutrishanice for a feature
Have a lovely evening.
Shanice Harris x